Laminated tempered glass STRUTURÁ® is the lamination of two or more tempered glass sheets. The set combines the qualities of two safety products with essential features to a number of applications.
Benefits of Struturá® Glass
- Reduces the risk of injuries involving breakage, because of its characteristic of keeping glass splinters together, stuck to the PVB.
- Increase in property security, since once glass splinters remain stuck to the PVB, the spans are prevented from overexposure.
- Blocks up to 99.6% of UV radiation, which is the main cause of premature aging seen in furniture, curtains, floors, among others. Also, it reduces ultraviolet light from entering the environment which is harmful to human skin.
- Great variety of colors to choose from, which is factored depending on the combinations among the many types of glass and different colors of PVB film.
- Greater acoustic insulation in comparison with that of standard glass, which insulation can be optimized by the use of acoustic PVB, which helps muffle glass sound vibrations.
- Five times more resistant than a laminated standard glass with the same thickness.
- Because it is more resistant it can be applied as a self-supporting structure, with minimum use of support profiles, and can also be installed with fittings.
- More resistant to temperature fluctuations.
- It may be used with SentryGlas® film, instead of PVB, thus enhancing the product’s safety, in as much as it is 100 times stronger than standard PVB. In many cases it also allows the glass to be thinner while maintaining the same level of resistance.
- Self-supporting glass railing
- Glass floors
- Glass stairs
- Glass roofs
- Glass canopies
- Underwater pool windows and aquariums
- Structural glass facades
- SpiderGlass® System